Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Trip 11 Printemps En Hiver!

The Trip:  I love California because spring and winter come at the same time...once the rain starts hitting the hills the brown turns to green.  January is the time of spring grasses and the start of flowers.  The first to show up on the scene are the mustard flowers-not exactly a CA wildflower, but seeing them tells me the poppies and lupine are not far behind.  It was 72 degrees, sunny and clear-eat your snow shovels -you who are under a pile of the white stuff (I did my time for over 19 years in places like Wisconsin, Illinois etc)  So what does my Title mean dear hiker????

The Job Search:  I bought a serious notebook and some new highlighters as I step it up a notch.  I'm researching several sectors and need a place to record my findings.  I LOVE to research information and learn who the major and minor players are in an industry...and who owns which niche.  Ya gotta conduct research hiking buddie-at LEAST about the companies you want to work for-to understand who they are and where they are (or are not) headed.  I make sure to google "negative comments about XYZ, lawsuits against about XYZ, complaints about XYZ-its amazing what you can find on the WWW. 

Life around the Trip:  Trying various remedy's to kick the remnants of a winter cold...latest find-Organic Echinacea Plus Tea. For more info go to http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/ -I went to WholeFoods Market to pick it up-but other grocers stock it. 

Still cleaning for Chinese New Year's celebration...the dust is amazing! Ahhh it is so beautiful when all the flowers and red  Chinese deco is set out!

Cheap Thrills:  Adventures for the unemployed-OK sold a bit of my old and unused sterling silver-enough to make it worth my while...and get a pedicure with some of the extra.  I still want to point out the adventures of grocery shopping at a place that may be an adventure for you...check out http://www.groceryoutlet.com/
I don't buy everthing there, but the coffee and the wine and some of the specials will save you alot of $$$.

Enjoy the photo of Pacheco's toes in the new grass!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment