Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Trip 1...where I wish I would have packed some tissues.

OK...to count this as Trip 1.  Here is my memory of the hike...as noted in my beginning post...I cried and generally sobbed (when I wasn't catching my breath) over the loss of two jobs in a short period of time.  Truth be told I was exhausted.  Exhausted by landing and loosing two positions, and by the loss of the people that I had employment "kindredness" with...too much goodbye, too much wretching. 

My only regret about this trip was that I didn't really plan this hike well...it was a beautiful day.  So I brought my dog, myself, my sorrow....but no tissue.  Bummer. 

As mentioned earlier there was that lovely large yellow butterfly flitting around the entire time I tried to compose myself at the top....

About getting work:  Today my work is to grieve the loss

Life around the trip:  I'm married, have one daughter, an obscene mortgage (hey this is CA after all) and an older car.  I'm a person of faith, I have friends, a decent load of education and as mentioned earlier-a great dog.  I can't really tap into all of this today...all I can think of is the faces of people I won't see again...the smell of the building I worked in ....the fact that I will have to go back again to a severe budget and that I loose those great perks that go along with a good job...I walked to the top of the hill in a valley the entire way.

Some days that's just how it is.

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment