Thursday, February 3, 2011

Trip 12...On A New Year's Day

About the Hike:  Today is actually February 3rd, 2011 which for those of you that don't know is Chinese New Year of the Rabbit.  The weather was a stunning 70 degrees and sunny (Pity the poor blokes on the East Coast buried in snow).  There were more than a few hikers out today...and someone actually wished me "Happy New Year" I purposely went for a hike to day -because we celebrate this New Year in our family pretty big time....and the day always feels fresh.  The vista overlooking the bay was clear...and I told myself...somewhere out there is the place I WILL WORK!

About Getting Work:  OK I'm stuck in Outlook purgatory ie I'm reformatting some stuff and it's taking tooooo looooong.  I bought a book so that I can be an expert on Outlook-and want to jump in-but first I have to reconfigure this n that...ugh..well I am learning.  I bought a book on getting in depth with PowerPoint too...so I'm going the have the total MS Office gig under my belt.  I use the programs at my former jobs-so the upgrade should not be a large undertaking...I'll keep you posted.

Life Around the Trip:  Well it's two weeks of doing this and that for Chinese New Year celebrations-we have one banquet planned and will be up at the SF Chinese New Year Parade in mid Feb.  It's a happy, RED and delicious time for us. 

Cheap Thrills:  Adventures for the Unemployed  It's worth it to me to spend a few $$$ on software manuals and other books of interest -I buy them as cheapo as I can-usually the used section on Amazon. 
I have also taken to picking fruit off the various citrus trees in the neighborhood where I have asked permission from the tree owner-free fruit...always a good thing. I means I don't buy lemons, limes or oranges until almost May!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment