Thursday, January 13, 2011

Trip 4...shredding the past.

Trip 4

I think I hiked two times in one week...still dragging-but I'm OK with this.  Saw some dust devils along the way.  Views are crisp and wide and refreshing at the top. 

About getting work:  Of course I'm applying for jobs online at places like Craig's List.  I guess the good news is I barely have to dust off my old job search journals and strategy notes. (Yes hiking buddie-I keep records of my efforts to look for work and make strategy notes on how I'm going to tackle this LARGE task) Thankfully,  I do have a friend or two who also are now "re-laid off"-so I'm not totally alone in this weirdness. 

I've decided to also really get my house in order and do a couple of tasks that have been left neglected for lack of time.  So I'm filing and shredding this week.  Some of the shredding is very difficult-because it seems like I'm shredding away a part of a dear past.  Because of this shredding -my prayer on Hike 4 has become like a chant..."Restore, Restore, Restore what the locusts have eaten".  "Restore, Restore, Restore..."

Life around the trip:  I've been telling my friends that everyone except my wallet is benefiting from this period of unemployment.  The dog certainly is getting more walks.  I can see my friends a bit more and I can cook dinner without racing thru the process.  I can play my ukulele ...so I'm starting to see some of the good events that can come from this season. 

Cheap Thrills:  Adventures for the unemployed. You know hiking buddie-the unemployed need adventures too..I have learned how to live rich on a poor persons budget.  I have a restaurant where I go where I can get an amazing lunch for $4.22.  Where's your cheap eats spot???
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment