Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Trip 14 before the rains...

Dear Hiking Friends:

The Trip:  I managed to take one muddy hike post a week of rains.  The view was lush green and the air was very pure-not even the usual haze that hangs over the San Jose city area.  It was definitely great to get out-this was back at the beginning of March...and every day that I wanted to hike since that time has been a downpour.  Thot it best to post until the rains let up-weather is fore casted to be rainy for the next 7 days


Pacheco the faithful dog has been getting his local neighborhood walks-but I think we both feel a bit cooped up! I will resume posting when I get out on the hill again.

The Job Search: Trips up the hill may have slowed down-but applying for jobs has not.  There have been a couple for Executive Administration or Office Manager for local companies that really look like a great fit for me-so I'm hoping to connect in the next weeks with hiring managers.  There continue to be several sectors I would be a great match for-including renewable energy- specifically solar.  I would also enjoy a job in the organic field and have applied for several positions in the health and wellness sector.  The most interesting green jobs are posted by Google-for Green Associate.  So my hopes are high as I sail into spring!  The past two positions that I landed and loved both came in the March/April time zone-so perhaps the next position will as well.

Life Around the Trip:  Daughter had braces installed and we had two new sinks and two new interior doors installed-so they are all progress toward a stylish and fresh future.  St. Patricks day is tomorrow so I already have the corned beef, cabbage and carrot waiting to be put into the crock pot.  The rains have made it more difficult to garden-but I did my yearly weeding of most of our side yards and put in a new batch of Tan Bark...so the outside of the home is spruced up too.  I'm really starting to miss the team environment of work-and am looking forward to making new professional friends in my next venture!

Cheap Thrills:  Adventures for the Unemployed  It was my birthday-so this year I'm stringing out the celebration with various friends to last about a month.  This way I can enjoy the time with folks and really enjoy the lunches and dinners that are such a treat when income is limited.  I asked for beauty related gifts-so I have massage and pedicure coupons to last thru the end of May...nice!  Until next hike-I wish you encouragement as you continue to seek gainful employment

Cheer,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment